Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Benefits of the detox

Well my 7 day detox is over. I ate solid food, a salad, on the 7th day. I didn't really notice any benefits of the detox until it was finally over. When I was on it, starting about the 3rd day, I was weak, cranky and generally not feeling very well. I know that most of those symptoms are normal during a detox, but they're not fun...and it's hard to get past them. I didn't have fresh squeezed juice to drink because I don't have a juicer and I was limited by what I could find in the grocery store that was organic. I think I definitely would have felt better and able to last longer if I was able to juice my own fruits and veggies, giving memore variety, better taste and help me from getting bored. I did cheat on the 5th day and have a little, tiny something to eat...it actually made me feel better.

I've lost 9 pounds though and I'm sleeping through the night without waking up at all, except for the early morning to go to the bathroom. I mean, I NEVER use to be able to sleep through the night without waking up! I would always get up at least 1-2 times to go to the bathroom, sometimes more. And even though the detox was hard (not eating solid food is difficult to say the least), I really feel now that since I worked so hard I don't want to blow it by eating the wrong things. Before the detox I would cheat a lot with cooked foods and sometimes things that were not so healthy for me. So I think the 6 days without solid food (3 days on water, 2 on juice and 1 smoothie day) has really helped get me to get back on the bandwagon and eat healthy, raw and natural foods again.

Would I do it again, yes! The benefits far outweigh the uncomfortableness and difficulty of it.

I'll try to do a juice or water fast at least once a week just to whip my body and mind into shape and keep me from eating the bad stuff. It helps you gain better control of your eating habits.

Oh, and I almost forgot...not only am I skinnier now, but my skin is much clearer and I've been getting tons of compliments on the way I look....younger, fresher, hotter!!! LOL...I'll take those compliments any day! You can't put a price on looker younger or hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment