Sunday, February 8, 2009

3 weeks and I'm finally on my way!

Jan 17, 2009

It's been 24 days now (over 3 weeks) and I've been eating healthy everyday. I stopped eating ALL junk food and I have not gone back. I've been eating lots of fruit and vegetables, salads, eggs, and nuts. I have had some dinners, like stew, falafels and other stuff., but all homemade cooked foods and made with natural ingredients. My husband and I went to a buffet the other day and I did excellent! (Yeah, I'm so proud of myself). I ate salad, salmon, an avocado with crab salad and veggies. I didn't even eat any sweets at all for dessert...I ate all fruit only for dessert!

God gave me a revelation one day when I was in the car with my family. I had to get to the point where I didn't want chocolate or sweets anymore. Not that I couldn't have them (meaning I really wanted them, but couldn't have them). No, I had to get to the point that I didn't want them anymore. You know it's funny...every since I said that out loud and God gave me the that heavy, reavy...I haven't wanted my old treats as much. It's amazing!

Check this out. I've had chocolate candy bars in the fridge since Christmas day, and I have not eaten any of them! If you know me, you know that isn't like me at all! If there is chocolate or anything sweet in the house, I eat it. And not just one piece, the whole thing, the whole bag of candy or cookies! If you know me, you know that is a miracle for me. Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus!

Now here's the second part to the chocolate tale:

We went to Disneyland about a week ago, and I wanted a churro and a piece of fudge. Not because I was hungry, but just because we were there. I always get a churro and a piece of fudge when I'm at Disneyland. The same feeling came over me when I was at the mall, I wanted a piece of See's Candy and a Cinnabon. Again, not because I was hungry, but just because I was there and that's what I always used to get. Good news, I didn't eat any of those things, no churro, fudge, Sees candy or Cinnabon. I just told myself no, I don't eat that way anymore. I was tempted (not a lot really), but it was actually pretty easy to resist.

So I've discovered that "places" can be a trigger. An old habit of always eating this or that...just because I'm at "that" place. The movies can be another "place" (popcorn)! I'll have to replace the old habits with new ones. I need to find other good, healthy things to eat to replace the old ones. Some of my ideas and favorites are, smoothies and wheatgrass shots.

Another discovery...my period. I was craving meat yesterday. Meat, that's really weird for me luckily I didn't give in, but i did have two cheese quesadillas and some yogurt. I was trying to find substitutes, things that my body needed at that time. (I'll have to find out more and food cravings and periods).

I'm definitely more in tune with my body now. My needs, cravings and desires.

Just one more quick note that I haven't mentioned before. I know I've lost a few pounds. My pants and tops are little looser and I don't get heartburn anymore. Hooray for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment