Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Confession - The beginning

Nov. 22, 2008

I want to lose weight!
I want to be healthier!
I want to live longer!

I'm overweight and I don't like it! I hate the way I look and feel My weight has caused me to have high blood pressure and constant heartburn. It affects the way I feel everyday.

I feel embarrassed and ashamed. I don't even like going out in public because I hate the way I look and fell. All of my clothes are getting really tight and they look like crap on me.

I know that I have abused my body and not taken care of it. God gave me this body and i am abusing it. He's given me good healthy food to eat and I've chosen to eat junk (crap)! Lord forgive me! I want to change!

I'm sick and tired of the way I look and feel and I want to change. Lord help me!

My short term goals:

1) Pray each day for God's help
2) Stop eating junk! Chips, candy, Little Debbies, etc. (what the world has made)
3) Eat what is healthy for me (what God made)
  • fruits and vegetables
  • organic diary products in moderation
  • no white flour (breads, tortillas, rolls, etc.)
  • no white sugar
  • cut out all fried foods
  • cut down or out, all processed foods.

Think fresh! Think natural! Think God!

4) Exercise! What kind I'm not really sure yet, but here are some of my ideas:
  • daily walk
  • swimming
  • racquetball
  • dancing
  • playing drums
  • horseback riding
  • DDR with my daughter

Some inspiring thoughts form Joel Osteen:

  • This is where I am but this is not who I am!
  • Do not take ownership of my being overweight.
  • I might be fat, but this is only temporary.
  • Reprogram my thinking. Don't exaggerate my situation, this is not permanent.
  • God's favor will last a lifetime.
  • Don't say or believe the lie, "I will always be fat!" That is a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment