Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 1-5 of Juice Fast




The first day of my juice fast was easy. I had made up my mind to fast and I wasn’t tempted at all.  Plus, I’ve done this before! Yesterday, the second day of the fast, I was tempted a little.  Luckily I was busy and didn’t have time to think about food that much.  When I was tempted, I just said. “No, you are NOT eating…right now you are fasting!" and I prayed and asked for God's help.  I didn’t give in.

Got a headache today, which is to be expected on the first few days of a fast.  And even though it is inconvenient and annoying, it also means that my body is being cleaned out, detoxing (getting rid of all the junk that I’ve put into my body) and that’s a good thing!

Today is day number 5 of my juice fast and I’ve lost 9 pounds already.  Crazy!  When you juice fast, you’ll lose quite a few pounds right off the bat, but then it slows to 1-2 pounds per day.  But, and this is a big but, you absolutely, positively have to change the way you eat forever when the fast is over, if not, you’ll go back to your old way of eating and gain all of the weight back.  

I decided to start drinking Psyllium husk today because I wasn't pooing anymore.  You need the psyllium husk to help move the waste out of your intestines and colon. I put 2 tsp. in a 6 oz. glass of water, it was too much. I had diarrhea.  Tomorrow I'll only use 1 tsp. in 8 oz. of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment