Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nine Days Juice Fasting

Nine days on my juice fast. Drinking only vegetables and fruit that I've juiced in my Breville juicer.
Some days I have more energy than others. Some days I feel tired, which is to be expected.  My face is looking clearer, brighter, yeah! I can't wait to see what my skin will look like at the end of my fast.

I stopped weighing myself.  I don't want to obsess over my weight and get disappointed if one day I don't lose anything.  I'm just going to wait and weigh myself at the end, then I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I read that you should vary your vegetables, so yesterday at Sprouts I bought cauliflower, which is different tasting than I expected in juice. But I love cooked cauliflower so I thought I'd try it.  Last week I juiced cilantro, this week parsley. I also bought a parsnip, this is my first time ever tasting one.  It seemed fine, it didn't seem weird tasting or anything. Last week my greens were kale, this week rainbow chard.  I put a piece of butternut squash in the juicer, but I didn't like the sound it made when I juiced it.  Either it's just too hard for the juicer or I need to wait for it to get soft...have to think on this one.

My typical daily recipe: All organic

5 carrots or less (I try to use as few carrots as I can and add more of the other items below).
2-3 large stalks of celery
2 apples
1 cucumber
Several chunks of cabbage
Variety of greens, it could be spinach, chard, kale, romaine, collard greens, etc. (the more the better!)
Cut off section of parsley or cilantro
1 inch of ginger
Then I vary the other veggies; sweet potatoes, zucchini, beets, parsnip ,tomatoes, red peppers.
Sometimes I juice cantaloupe, it makes the most delicious juice, or other fruit I have sitting around.
Yields 32 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment