Friday, March 1, 2013

How Not to Get Bored on a Juice Fast


There's something wonderful that I discovered today when I was juice fasting.  In the past I would always start my day with a concoction of veggies.  Greens, apples, carrots, cabbage, beets, cucumber, celery, sweet potatoes, zucchini, ginger, just whatever I had on hand.  Now, there's nothing wrong with this combination, it always tasted great and I felt like I'm getting a variety of nutrients.  My second juice of the day was always the same though.  Needless to say, I would get really bored drinking the same juice over and over.  So I decided to just try a few ingredients this time.  I've seen lots of recipes for juices with just 3-5 ingredients, but I just never tried them.  First I juiced some honeydew melon, watermelon and an apple.  It was yummy!  Then I juiced 3 stalks of celery, 1/2 a cucumber, 1 apple, and 2 leaves of Chinese cabbage. It was so goo!

What did I learn? Vary your juices each time you juice or you'll get bored to death and not want to stay on your juice fast! My taste buds got to experience different fruits and veggies, not just everything in the kitchen thrown together. There are so many wonderful fruits and veggies to experience, why just stick with the same ones? I feel like I'll be better able to stay on the fast for a longer period of time, just with varying the juice I make. It was definitely a valuable lesson to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment